Oklahoma Magazine seeks a full-time, motivated and personable individual to join the advertising sales team. This should be a determined and organized self-starter.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Direct selling of display and digital advertising
- Scouting for new business leads and utilizing email and telephone skills
- Selling event space
- Composing emails with persuasive language to clients and agencies
- Following up with said prospective clients through email and phone calls
- Assisting with the advertisements and approval process
- Attending weekly sales meeting to discuss progress and advertising ideas for upcoming issues
- Strong writing capabilities
- Ability to multi-task
- A professional and assertive demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, articulate, tenacious and persuasive
- Four-year college degree
- Proficient with Mac platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in a similar position, preferably in sales, advertising or marketing
Oklahoma Magazine is seeking an energetic, deadline-oriented individual to join our editorial team. This full-time position reports directly to the publisher and the president of Oklahoma Magazine. The candidate will work proactively with other members of the editorial staff, preparing the monthly magazine’s content in a fast-paced environment. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
Duties of the editorial staff include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the development of monthly editorial content
- Ensuring that all editorial and photography assignments are made and returned on requested deadlines while utilizing editorial management software
- Communicating daily with freelance writers and photographers
- Fact checking all editorial content
- Sharing responsibility with the other members of editorial staff for writing, editing and formatting content
- Attending selected events as a representative of Oklahoma Magazine
- Assisting with the planning and execution of special events, office promotions and marketing
- Assisting the advertising department with writing and editing copy for marketing materials and native advertising
- Assisting in the preparation of ad layout
- YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK ONE FULL WEEKEND PER MONTH
Editorial staff required skills:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Organization, assertiveness, comfort with deadlines
- Familiarity with Tulsa, Oklahoma City, surrounding communities and the state as a whole
- Ability to be discreet and keep all work confidential
- Ability to work both independently and with a team under minimal supervision
Required education and experience:
- BA in Journalism, English or other relevant field
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Familiarity with AP style
- A minimum of 3-5 years magazine, publishing, public relations or ad agency experience
- Knowledge of Mac OS, MS Office, InDesign and DropBox
A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED WITH YOUR RESUME
Oklahoma Magazine seeks Part-Time Journalist encompassing the following skills:
• VIDEO AND EDITING
• WRITING (AP STYLE)
• SOCIAL MEDIA
Oklahoma Magazine is seeking a part-time assertive individual to join our editorial team with all of the above listed skills. The position requires 10- 15 hours per week working with our editorial, graphics and digital team deploying your skills shooting video, still images, writing and editing both video and written content for the magazine. Ability to deal with a variety of subjects and be able to handle assignments with tight deadlines and tackle an ambitious per week schedule.
Be able to assist our digital team posting content to major social media platforms.
Important to have enthusiasm, be driven, good conversationalist and highly organized to deal with the pace. A can do attitude and extremely creative.
2 plus years of experience executing social media strategies
Background in publishing preferably city and regional magazines
Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
Excellent photography and video skills
Video Editing and strong Adobe Suite skills.
Oklahoma Magazine seeks a creative and aspiring freelance photographer to shoot pictures in Tulsa and surrounding areas. Individual able to photograph a variety of subjects including but not limited to people, merchandise, interiors, street scenes and action. Comprehensive portfolio for review online.
- Own digital camera and lighting equipment for shooting assignments
- Good knowledge of creative lighting
- Ability to take posed and candid shots
- Personable and able to direct participants in shots
- Knowledgeable with Photoshop, Drop Box and other related software.
- Video skills a plus