*Please note: Reader submitted events are temporarily disabled while we perform an upgrade to our event calendar. In the meantime, please submit your events via email to [email protected]. Please include the name of the event, the location, start and end dates and times, and a URL for more information.
- This event has passed.
Pumpkin Festival at Shepherd’s Cross
August 30 @ 3:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Come to the farm and enjoy the peace of a few hours spent in the country.
- Wholesome fun for the entire family includes a hay maze, festive outdoor & indoor games, farm animal petting barn, farm demonstrations and festive fall story time. The farm’s focus is educational, fall festive fun.
- Truckloads of pumpkins of all shapes and sizes for purchase; as well as straw bales & corn stalks available for your fall decorating.
- Wagon rides in the hay meadow go out approximately every 30 minutes.
- Farm Museum & Educational Farm Silo is open – free admission; this year the silo is open all the way to the fourth floor; new interactive games; visit our new horse in the museum.
- See pumpkins growing on the vine in the Bible Garden
- School Tours for all ages available; public and private schools welcome
- Buses and large groups are welcome; groups larger than 20 please pre-schedule.
- Antique Farm Equipment – demonstrations
- The Bible Garden is available for guided or self-guided tours; audio or visual or both.
- Shepherd’s Shop, a quaint country gift shop, is an event in itself – featuring a host of festive fall, handmade and farm related gifts and wares from many gifted artisans; a year round “craft fair.” Healthy choice foods and grass fed, grass finished meats and wool items are available.
- Shepherd’s Cross is home to Heart of the Shepherd Inc., a public, non-profit Christian organization (501-C3) that teaches Biblical references to the harvest, the animals, farming and gardening. Biblical references are found throughout the farm experience.
- The event is available on a donation basis– provided by Heart of the Shepherd. Suggested donation is $5 per person. (suggested – not required)
- Wagon Rides in the hay meadow are $6.50 per person; children two and under are free.
- Modern indoor restrooms; snacks & beverages.
- Pumpkin/ Wagon Ride/Scarecrow packages available $7, $8 & $10 – includes hayride, all activities & a pumpkin to take home – sizes vary with package; while supplies last; see website for more information.
- Pumpkins arrive mid-September – available September 18. Beat the crowds. Come early.
- The Pumpkin Festival will proceed even in the case of inclimate weather. Many demonstrations will take place in the Amish built gambrel roof tour barn, which houses some of the animals as well as the wool processing, farm museum, games, hands on learning stations, story time and the gift shop.
- Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritoruism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a member of the Claremore Farmer’s Market, and Grass Fed Grass Finished, Animal Welfare Certified Farm; a producer for and distribution site for the Oklahoma Food Co-op.
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdsCross
- To find out more information about this event please visit our website: www.ShepherdsCross.com – simply click on Pumpkin Festival on the home page or directly here: http://www.shepherdscross.com/PumpkinFestivalatShepherdsCross.html